Mozilla's next version of Firefox Aurora is ready for download
Aurora is the developing stage right before the Beta stage of the popular browser.
- Data Management Window is an experimental feature that provides control over the the access that specific websites have to your browsing data, including cookies, passwords and location information. To start testing this feature type "about:permissions" in the Awesome Bar (URL Bar).
- Add-ons Manager with Plugin Check verifies the compatibility of installed plugins directly from the Add-Ons Manager.
- Panorama Groups on Demand improves browser startup time by allowing power Panorama users to load saved tab groups only when using Panorama.
Web developers will also find a new set of tools in this release like Scratchpad, Web Console, Web Developer Menu and more.
- Web Console adds the ability to move the console to other parts of the window or break out into a separate window.
- Web Developer Menu provides access to developer tools from the Firefox Aurora Menu Button
Firefox Aurora has additional support for HTML5, DOM level 3, server-sent events, networking technologies and other tools that make it easier for developers build advanced Web apps. See the Firefox for Developers in the Mozilla Developer Center
for the full list.
If you already have Firefox Aurora installed, you will receive an automated update notification within 24 to 48 hours. Not all add-ons are compatible with the latest Firefox Aurora.