HP expanded its notebook PC line with products and services that provide a combination of style, portability and high performance.
The company also launched HP DataPass
, a pre-paid 3G mobile broadband service available in the United States across HP?s business notebook lineup, and expanded HP Beats Audio technology to a business notebook and consumer Mini PC.
HP furthered its "FORGE" business notebook design framework with the HP ProBook m-series and HP EliteBook p-series models and built upon its "MUSE" consumer notebook design philosophy with the HP Mini 210, HP Pavilion dv4 and HP ENVY 14.
New products and services include:
- Less than 1-inch thin, the HP ProBook 5330m features a dual-tone color scheme, brushed aluminum chassis and backlit keyboard and is HP's first business notebook to offer Beats Audio.
- HP's smallest and lightest EliteBook at only 3.68 pounds,the newly designed HP EliteBook 2560p includes a 12.5-inch diagonal high-definition (HD) display and Intel processor. It also integrates an optical drive.
- The redesigned HP Mini 210 sports new colors, HP Beats Audio and HP QuickWeb 3.0.
- HP DataPass is a pre-paid 3G mobile broadband service that allows users to purchase wireless broadband data using major mobile carriers in the United States without being tied down by contracts, hotspots and set-up fees.
HP ProBook 5330m
The HP ProBook 5330m measures less than 1-inch thick, weighs 3.9 pounds and sports a 13.3-inch diagonal HD screen. It also includes a backlit keyboard and it is powered by the latest second-generation Intel Core i5 and i3 dual-core processors. The notebook also includes the HP Fingerprint Sensor and TPM for enhanced hardware-based data security as well as optional Intel vPro technology.
HP EliteBook 2560p and 2760p
Available in a platinum color, the HP EliteBook 2560p Notebook PC and EliteBook 2760p Tablet PCs blend modern designs.
The HP EliteBook 2560p sports a thin, clamshell design with a 12.5-inch diagonal LED-backlit HD, 16-inch x 9-inch display, and an integrated optical drive. Offering the same functionality as a conventional business notebook along with the flexibility of a writing tablet, the 12.1-inch diagonal HP EliteBook 2760p allows for pen use or finger touch.
Both EliteBook models offer second-generation Intel Core i7 or i5 dual-core processors, Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 and vPro technology. They also feature full-size 7,200 RPM hard disk drives and solid-state drives (SSDs).
HP Mini 210
With the addition of Beats Audio, the redesigned HP Mini 210 is offering high-quality entertainment plus productivity while on the go. Weighing under 3 pounds and measuring less than 1-inch thin, the HP Mini 210 delivers up to 9.5 hours of computing.
The new Mini 210 is available in five colors ? sweet purple, charcoal, crimson red, luminous rose and ocean drive.
The Mini 210 also features HP QuickWeb 3.0, allowing users to be more productive by connecting to the web within seconds of powering the mini. QuickWeb 3.0 includes a customizable widget dashboard and syncs to Windows bookmarks. Users can chat with friends on Skype, update Facebook posts or tweets, and view their social calendars all in one place.
The HP Pavilion dv4 features improved HP CoolSense technology that includes a simplified user interface of on, off and auto. CoolSense uses hardware and intelligent software for a notebook that feels cooler. Weighing under 5 pounds,the dv4 boasts a 14-inch diagonal HD LED BrightView screen and comes in two HP Imprint colors - espresso black and pacific blue.
Also featuring HP CoolSense technology is the HP ENVY 14 notebook PC. Tthe ENVY 14 includes new second-generation Intel Core processors, USB 3.0 and a new HP imagepad that uses image sensor technology for advanced gesture support and more fluid control. The machine boasts a metal alloy case with a 14.5-inch diagonal, HD BrightView Infinity LED display and Beats Audio.
Protecting personal information and simplifying password management is easy with HP SimplePass with One Time Password, now available on the HP Pavilion dm4, dv6 metal and dv7 metal notebook PCs. HP SimplePass helps prevent phishing fraud by providing "one-time" passwords that are linked to each individual user's fingerprint. These one-time passwords, generated every 60 seconds, grant more secure access to websites that store financial information.
Docking and display solutions
The new HP 2560p Docking Station makes it easy for business professionals to maintain the connectivity and comfort of their notebook while working from a fixed station. The docking station offers four USB ports and eSATA, DisplayPort and VGA ports.
HP's slimmest business display to date, the HP Elite L2201x display connects to a notebook with a single DisplayPort connector. The HP Elite L2201x features a thin LED backlit panel measuring less than 0.4 inches thick and a 21.5-inch diagonal.
Pricing and availability
All products will be available in the United States.
- The HP ProBook 5330m starts at $799; the HP EliteBook 2560p starts at $1,099; and the HP EliteBook 2760p starts at $1,499. The HP EliteBook 2760p and 5330m are expected to be available on May 9 and the HP EliteBook 2560p is expected to be available on May 23.
- The HP Mini 210 starts at $299.99 and is expected to be available on June 15.
- The HP Pavilion dv4 starts at $599.99 and is expected to be available on May 18.
- The HP ENVY 14 starts at $999.99 and is expected to be available on June 15.
- HP DataPass pricing starts at $5, for 75 megabytes for a duration of 5 hours.
- The HP 2560p Docking Station starts at $149 and is expected to be available on May 23.
- The HP Elite L2201x starts at $249 and is expected to be available on June 1.