Intel Wireless Display 2.0 (WiDi 2.0) adding new features.
WiDi 2.0 is now devilvering streaming playback of protected content, including Intel Insider
, DVD, and Blu-Ray movies.
Intel WiDi is a solution that enables a user to wirelessly project his or her notebook PC display to a TV across the living room. The experience is similar to a consumer connecting his or her Notebook PC to a TV via an HDMI cable. Full desktop (including text, pictures, commercial video discs such as DVD and Blu-ray, and online premium content services like Intel Insider video) are sent to the TV and audio, 6-channel 16-bit/48 kHz LPCM multi-channel audio is rendered in-sync with up to 1080p HD video. This is made possible through a TV adapter that is connected to the TV via a standard HDMI connection. The TV adapter wirelessly communicates over 802.11g/n with the notebook (PC) and receives its display information in a standard video format.
The usage model is simple: a user with an Intel WiDi Technology-enabled laptop is in the same room as a TV (e.g., living room) with a TV adapter attached. The user selects the adapter as the source in the TV input selection, and initiates wireless connection from PC. The PC display and audio, if present, will be sent over the wireless connection. Though it is generally useful for desktop remoting, applications requiring very low latency interactions may not be usable.
If you have a system based on 2nd Generation Intel Core processor and Windows 7, just update Wireless Display, and your HD Graphics drivers.
New features WiDi v22.214.171.124
- Unified 32/64-bit Software Installer, using single file
- Up to 1080p (Full HD) with hardware based H.264 encoding
- 802.11n PAN support: 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands
- Intel HD Graphics 3000 based H.264 hardware encoding
- HDCP 2.0 Output Protection to support DVD, Blu-ray, on some protected Online content
- Multi-channel sound output: 6-channel 16-bit/48 kHz LPCM (requires playback application support)
- Product name changed from Intel Wireless Display to Intel WiDi
- Lower latency; less than 300ms
- ISDB-T & ISDB-S TV Tuner Detection (DVD & BR-D playback is disabled if ISDB-T/S tuner is detected)
- WiDi Widget