OCZ Technology today unveiled the VeloDrive PCI-Express SSD, designed to meet the needs of small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) and system integrators.
The VeloDrive optimizes high-performance computing and storage applications, providing versatility and simplified integration.
The VeloDrive is a configurable solution that can be installed in multiple modes. It can be run in either hardware or software RAID mode and can be deployed in half-height or full-height system requirements. Compared with competing PCIe flash-based solutions, the VeloDrive has a minimal impact on system resources including CPU utilization and the system's DRAM footprint.
Eliminating the SATA/SAS bottleneck, the PCIe-based VeloDrive has the ability to deliver transfer speeds of up to 1GB/s and 130,000 4KB random write IOPS, and features SandForce SF-1565 SSD processors. The VeloDrive utilizes MLC NAND flash and will be available in 300GB, 600GB, and 1.2TB configurations.
- Available in 300GB, 600GB, and 1.2TB capacities
- Onboard RAID Controller (Factory-direct configured for hardware RAID, ability to run software RAID)
- 4 x SSD Processors
- Power loss data protection
- Data Encryption / ECC Recovery
- MLC NAND Flash
- PCI-Express 2.0 interface
- Form Factor: X8 slot low profile with full height bracket)
- Dimensions: 168.55 (L) x 68.91 (W) x 17.14mm (H)
- Weight: 133g
- Operating Temp: 0°C ~ 55°C
- Storage Temp: -45°C ~ 85°C
- Power Consumption: Idle 8.5W, Active 10W
- MTBF: 2,500,000 hours
- 3-Year Warranty
- Compatible with Windows 7, XP, Vista