Today, LinkedIn opened up full access to LinkedIn's new platform for building the professional web.
This release includes a set of plugins. For example, you can show your visitors who they know in a professional context with the Member Profile plugin, and display rich personalized insights about companies featured on your site with the Company Insider plugin.
The plugins include:
- Sign In with LinkedIn, which makes it easier for users to authenticate or register for your site using their LinkedIn identity
- Share, a button which enables users to share your website with LinkedIn?s professional audience
- Member Profile, which brings LinkedIn profiles to your site
- Full Member Profile, which brings larger, more detailed LinkedIn profiles to your site
- Company Profile, which displays key company info at-a-glance
- Company Insider, which shows rich company data from several different views
- Recommend, a button which enables users to recommend your products and drive traffic back to you
The plugins can be used with only a couple of lines of markup.
web site includes some quick start content, including script generators that allow you to visually configure and deploy your plugin of choice.