NVIDIA announced today that the Tegra Zone app is now live on the Android Market, providing users games for their super phone or tablet powered by the NVIDIA Tegra 2 mobile super chip.
The free app delivers a selection of Tegra processor-optimized games, as
well as professional game reviews, high-res screenshots, HD video
trailers, gameplay videos and behind-the-scenes featurettes. Sale and
delivery of users' selected games are completed using Google's Android
Games on Tegra Zone apps are especially enhanced for Tegra 2 - powered
devices. Among those selected as launch titles are Dungeon Defenders:
First Wave Deluxe HD, the first game available for Android that's built on
Unreal Engine 3; Samurai II: Vengeance; and Galaxy on Fire 2 THD. A
complete list is provided below.
The Tegra 2 chip is built with a mobile dual-core CPU, which offers up
two-times faster browsing and support for full Adobe Flash Player hardware
GPU acceleration, plus multitasking capabilities. It also includes an
NVIDIA GeForce GPU.
The first Tegra super chip-enhanced games include:
* Samurai II: Vengeance, by MADFINGER Games.
* Dungeon Defenders: First Wave Deluxe HD, by Trendy Entertainment
* Galaxy on Fire 2 THD, by Fishlabs
* Backbreaker THD, by Natural Motion
* Fruit Ninja THD, by Halfbrick Studios
* Vendetta Online, by Guild Software
* Monster Madness, by SouthPeak Games
* Hardwood Solitaire IV, by Silver Creek Entertainment