Dolby Laboratories will demonstrate how its technologies deliver premium entertainment experiences to mobile devices at the 2011 GSMA Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona, Spain, from February 14?17.
Highlighting the adoption of Dolby technologies, the Dolby stand, 1C43 in Hall 1.0 at the Fira de Barcelona, will display some of the latest handsets to support Dolby technologies. These handsets include the new Nokia E7 with Dolby Digital Plus discreet 5.1 audio output, as well as devices such as the new LG Optimus Black smart phone with Dolby Mobile, handsets from HTC, Acer, and Fujitsu, and the ZTE Light Tab?the first tablet to feature Dolby Mobile.
Dolby also will show how it enables the mobile industry to deliver its technologies by working with content aggregators and distributors. The latest version of Dolby Media Generator helps companies to format and deliver high-quality music and video content for mobile and PC consumption and already drives a range of content services from companies such as Audiotube, PacketVideo, Deezer, Omnifone, Faith Wonderworks, and Rhapsody. Most recently, Saffron Digital added Dolby Media Generator to its class-leading cluster encoder to deliver multichannel audio. At the MWC Dolby stand, cloud aggregator Nativ Limited will demonstrate how Dolby Media Generator can be incorporated into Nativ Limited's Mio media management platform to create highly scalable and secure cloud-based media processing and delivery for Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby Pulse encoded content.
Dolby Technologies at MWC 2011
At MWC 2011, Dolby will demonstrate the following technologies:
* Dolby Digital Plus brings the sound of high definition to the mobile consumer. Dolby Digital Plus helps transform the mobile device into an HD mobile entertainment device. For consumers, it means high-definition content with premium audio performance when listening over headphones - and full 5.1-channel surround sound output when their mobile devices are connected to home theater systems via HDMI.
* Dolby Pulse combines the efficiency of High-Efficiency Advanced Audio Coding (HE AAC) with Dolby's quality and audio expertise. Dolby Pulse offers rich stereo sound at bit rates of 48 kbps and lower, making it ideal for bandwidth-constrained applications such as mobile.
* Dolby Mobile delivers full-impact audio, from any type of video and music content. Dolby Mobile also provides a virtual surround sound experience in video content and optimizes the playback of music over headphones.
* Dolby Media Generator provides content service providers and operators the ability to deliver content efficiently and with quality to mobile devices including mobile phones, laptops, and tablets. Offering quality control, metadata creation, and high-quality bandwidth-efficient video and audio content preparation and packaging algorithms, Dolby Media Generator optimizes content for faster delivery and higher playback quality via industry-standard formats.
* Dolby Voice is a suite of voice technologies that helps provide consistent voice communications regardless of environmental noise.