The Chrome team announced its latest Stable release,
In addition to the over 800 bug fixes and stability improvements,
Chrome 8 now contains a built in PDF viewer that is secured in
Chrome?s sandbox. As always, it also contains Google's latest
security fixes, listed below.
* Low Possible pop-up blocker bypass. Credit to Google Chrome
* Medium Cross-origin video theft with canvas.
* Low Browser crash with HTML5 databases.
* Low Prevent excessive file dialogs, possibly leading to
* High Use after free in history handling.
* [Linux / Mac] Medium Make sure the "dangerous file types"
list is uptodate with the Windows platforms.
* Low Browser crash with HTTP proxy authentication.
* Medium Out-of-bounds read regression in WebM video
* High Crash due to bad indexing with malformed video.
* Medium Possible browser memory corruption via malicious
* High Use after free with SVG animations.
* Medium Use after free in mouse dragging event handling.
* High Double free in XPath handling.