CyberLink today released the latest version of its video
editing software, PowerDirector 9.
PowerDirector 9 is designed to make the editing process not only
easier, but also faster. The software features
performance-driven technologies including CyberLink's new
TrueVelocity Engine. TrueVelocity editing technologies take
advantage of native 64-bit OS support and CPU/GPU components to
reduce video processing time, while powerful tools such as the
new unified keyframe control and an improved timeline editor
allow users to create demanding and complex video productions.
Key features of CyberLink PowerDirector 9 include:
- Maximizing the Memory -- TrueVelocity 64 takes advantage of
PowerDirector's 64-bit OS support to utilize a system's entire
memory resources reducing latency issues, improving system
efficiency and enabling the simultaneous processing of multiple
HD video files.
- Optimizing CPU Utilization -- TrueVelocity Parallel makes
video processing smoother and faster by splitting tasks into
smaller segments and simultaneously processing them across all
available CPU threads.
- Harnessing the Power of the CPU/GPU -- TrueVelocity
Accelerator taps into the power of Intel, AMD and NVIDIA video
processing technology for hardware-enhanced video decoding and
- Video Enhancement Tools -- PowerDirector?s suite of
TrueTheater technologies improves the video quality of users'
projects, offering SD-to-HD quality up-scaling, video noise
removal, smooth slow-motion playback, virtual surround sound,
and lighting adjustment.
- Audio Editing - New WaveEditor allows users to edit their
audio tracks with effects and includes VST plug-in support for
third party effects.
- Full HD Previews - Preview your video in real-time with full
HD quality like never before.
- Timeline Interface - Up to 100 video and audio timeline tracks
yields a more flexible workspace, easier media management, and
more creative projects.
- Customized Particle Effects -- Particle effects expand the
creative possibilities for adding animated objects to projects.
Users can begin with PowerDirector 9's built-in templates, and
then customize to match their video content.
- MagicStyle Movie Wizard - Select existing photos and videos,
choose a built-in 3D template and audio track, and MagicStyle
puts it all together into a 3D movie in seconds.
- 100,000+ FREE Effects -- DirectorZone.com features uploaded
content created by PowerDirector users, including customized
effects, templates, tips, tutorials and DVD menus that can be
downloaded for free.
- Publish to Social Networks -- Users can choose to upload to
Facebook or YouTube in Full HD quality directly from
- On-the-Go Media - Output videos directly to the iPad, iPhone,
iPod, BlackBerry, PSP, Zune and many other mobile devices.
Simply select your device type and PowerDirector does the rest.
PowerDirector 9 is available online supporting the following
languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese
(Simplified and Traditional), Japanese, and Korean. CyberLink
offers OEM versions to PC and CE manufacturing customers, while
a free trial download
available from the CyberLink website.
CyberLink PowerDirector 9 Versions
PowerDirector 9 Ultra64: US $99.95
PowerDirector 9 Deluxe: US $69.95
Upgrade to PowerDirector 9 Deluxe: US $49.95
Upgrade to PowerDirector 9 Ultra from v.7/8 (Retail): US $59.95