Dell Services and Symantec today announced an expanded partnership under which Dell Services will utilize Symantec?s e-mail security platform as the security engine for its Email Management Services (EMS) portfolio of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions.
The partnership will utilize Symantec Hosted Services? cloud-based security services to bring new e-mail security features and improved functionality to Dell?s EMS customers and channel partners, providing them with increased e-mail protection and availability.
Dell Services? EMS Email Continuity and EMS Email Archive SaaS solutions are currently offered to Symantec?s customers and channel partners.
Using Symantec?s e-mail security platform, Dell Services will offer the following expanded security features to new and existing EMS Email Security customers and channel partners:
Hosted Email Anti-Virus and Anti-Spam Capabilities:
* Traffic and connection management tools and commercial scanners help identify, slow and reject spam and virus attacks
* Proprietary predictive technology helps to identify both unknown and new viruses and spam
* Message track and trace functionality allows administrators to determine e-mail status as delivered, blocked or in queue
Hosted Email Image and Content Control:
* Identification and control of confidential, malicious, or inappropriate inbound or outbound e-mail
* Aids in the enforcement of e-mail acceptable use policies to reduce the risk of legal action, damage to corporate reputation and data loss
Hosted Email Boundary Encryption:
* Secure, encrypted private e-mail networks help to safeguard the privacy and integrity of e-mail communications
* Transport Layer Security (TLS) functionality encrypts the entire e-mail connection between sender and recipient network boundaries
Dell Services offers a full portfolio of cloud-optimized solutions designed to help minimize the risk of managing IT, including management of desktop and server environments, protection of data and devices, and e-mail management and security. EMS Email Security is a component of Dell?s portfolio of IT Management SaaS solutions.