Western Digital announced WD Photos, the newest release of its photo viewer app, which is now optimized for iPad and iPhone 4.
Available as a free download from iTunes, the WD Photos app provides remote access to photos stored on a WD network hard drive including My Book World Edition, My Book Live and WD ShareSpace. The images are displayed in native iPad and iPhone resolution, and users can access up to 285,000 of their favorite photos anywhere they can access the Internet by simply copying their pictures into the "Shared Pictures" folder on their WD network hard drive. The WD Photos photo viewer app offers a variety of new features that allow users to stay connected to more of their digital photos, including:
* Pinch and zoom functionality so consumers can digitally zoom in on the displayed photo;
* Horizontal split view for iPad;
* Option to instantly post photos from the WD Photos app to users' Facebook wall;
* New slideshow transitions including pan and zoom, page curl, and cube;
* Increased 5 GB capacity to support iPad's larger memory and higher resolution;
* iPad full screen support at 1024x768; and,
* iPhone HD/OS 3 & 4 support.
Available for download now at the Apple iTunes Store, WD Photos photo viewer app is compatible with iPad, iPhone, iPhone 4, and iPod touch and works with My Book World Edition, My Book World Edition II, WD ShareSpace, and My Book Live. Users must register with WD's free, secure MioNet remote access service to use the WD Photos photo viewer app.