Toshiba today announced that it has added new features to enhance the 3D playback capabilities of its Satellite A665-3D Series laptops.
Equipped with NVIDIA 3D Vision technology, the updated laptop models are ready to deliver a stereoscopic 3D experience to games, movies, photos and more.
Bundled with a pair of wireless active shutter glasses, Satellite A665-3D series laptops provide immediate out-of-the-box compatibility with PC games, plus the ability to enjoy 3D Blu-ray movies, photos, videos, 3D websites and more. The included Toshiba Video Player 3D software player further enhances the experience giving consumers the ability to convert their favorite 2D DVD movies into 3D.
Encased in Toshiba?s Fusion X2 finish, the Satellite A665 laptop delivers enthusiast-class performance and features with the processing power of the latest Intel Core processors, plus the NVIDIA GeForce GTS 350M2 graphics processing unit (GPU) with 1GB of GDDR3 video memory. The laptop now features a built-in emitter, eliminating the need for extra cumbersome cables and making set-up even easier.
The Satellite A665 3D Edition features a 15.6-inch diagonal TruBrite widescreen LCD display with LED backlighting and a 120Hz refresh rate and is packed with premium multimedia features.
- Built-in harman/kardon speakers and Dolby Advanced Audio.
- Toshiba?s Sleep-and-Music technology is also included, enabling users to play music from their MP3 players through the laptop?s speakers ? even while the laptop is powered down.
- Toshiba?s Resolution+ DVD upconversion technology improves the quality of standard definition DVD content by boosting contrast, sharpness and saturation to near high-definition quality.
Rounding out the list of premium features is an optional LED backlit keyboard that provides convenience in low-light conditions. A wide TouchPad also offers multi-touch control for easier navigation, allowing users to pinch, swipe or zoom through files, applications and webpages.
The Satellite A665 3D Edition will also support NVIDIA 3DTV Play software, available later this fall, which allows users to attach the laptop to a 3D-ready TV and enjoy all the latest 3D content, including the latest PC games, photos and streaming video on the big screen.
Features available on the Toshiba Satellite A665 3D Edition include:
- 15.6-inch diagonal HD TruBrite LED Backlit widescreen display with 120Hz scan rate
- Intel Core i5-460M or Core i7-740QM processor with TurboBoost technology
- NVIDIA GeForce GTS 350M2 with 1GB DDR3 discrete graphics memory
- NVIDIA 3D Vision kit with active shutter 3D glasses
- Blu-ray Disc and DVD SuperMulti drive with LabelFlash
- harman/kardon stereo speakers and Dolby Advanced Audio
- Windows 7 Home Premium operating system
- Up to 6GB DDR3 RAM3
- 640GB hard drive
- HDMI 1.4 port
- 802.11b/g/n wireless10 and 10/100/1000 Ethernet (WiMAX optional)
- 6-cell battery (12-cell battery optional)
- One eSATA/USB combo port with Toshiba USB Sleep-and-Charge and three USB 2.0 ports
- Optional Bluetooth V2.1 + EDR
- Microphone input port with Toshiba Sleep-and-Music
- Built-in Webcam with Toshiba Face Recognition
- 5-in-1 Memory Card Reader and ExpressCard slots
The Toshiba Satellite A665 3D Edition laptop are available starting in October 2010 at Best Buy and other select retailers, e-tailers and directly from Toshiba (www.toshibadirect.com) with a starting price of $1,299.99 MSRP.