This week at IBC 2010 in Amsterdam, AMD is introducing the newest member of the ATI FirePro family, the ATI FirePro V9800 - the most powerful professional graphics card AMD has ever created, featuring support for up to six monitors with ATI Eyefinity technology.
With the launch of the FirePro V9800, the FirePro family - which also includes the ATI FirePro V8800, ATI FirePro V7800, ATI FirePro V5800, ATI FirePro V4800 and ATI FirePro V3800 - will offer digital content creation (DCC), computer aided design (CAD) and visualization specialists advanced features and high performance at every price point.
"With today's announcement of the ATI FirePro V9800, we are introducing the ultimate workstation graphics solution for the professional graphics industry. It offers users with demanding DCC and visualization requirements six monitor support on one GPU and a superior price-to-performance ratio," said Janet Matsuda, senior director, Professional Graphics, AMD. "The ATI FirePro V9800 will be the professional graphics solution of choice for users requiring exceptional performance and flexibility."
With an estimated retail price of $3,499 USD, the ATI FirePro V9800 features:
- ATI Eyefinity Technology: With six Mini DisplayPort outputs, the ATI FirePro V9800 allows for plug-and-play multi-monitor use - the first professional graphics solution to offer six independent monitor outputs from a single graphics card. ATI Eyefinity technology can provide an expansive desktop resolution of up to 5760 x 2160 .
- 4GB GDDR5 Memory: The card features the largest shipping frame buffer available from AMD in any consumer or professional graphics product, 4GB of GDDR5 memory. T
- The ATI FirePro V9800 features significant performance increases over the previous generation of FirePro products, including 1.25x increased compute stream processor performance, and an increase of 2.27x in single- and double-precision performance. The ATI FirePro V9800 is optimized for stream calculations with full support for OpenCL, DirectCompute, and DirectX 11.
- Powered by 1,600 stream processors - the industry's highest number - the ATI FirePro V9800 is ideal for computationally or visually intensive applications.
- 3D Stereo and Synchronization: Like the other products in the ATI FirePro family, the ATI FirePro V9800 offers support for stereo 3D capability, supporting active shutter glasses via the on-board 3-pin connector, as well as passive and auto-stereoscopic displays and projectors. Additionally, with support for the ATI FirePro S400 synchronization module, up to four ATI FirePro V9800 graphics cards can be synchronized (genlock, framelock), delivering up to 24 synchronized outputs from a single computer.