Skype announced today the availability of Skype on three Sony Ericsson smartphones based on the Symbian platform.
Users of Sony Ericsson?s flagship smartphones Satio, Vivaz? and Vivaz pro can now use Skype on the move, over either a WiFi or mobile data connection (3G, GPRS, EDGE). It can be downloaded now by visiting skype.com/m on a compatible handset, and will also be made available on the Sony Ericsson Play Now arena (http://www.playnow-arena.com) later this month.
Skype for Symbian enables users to:
- Make free Skype-to-Skype calls to other Skype users anywhere in the world
- Save money on calls and texts (SMS) to phones abroad.
- Send and receive instant messages to and from individuals or groups
- Share pictures, videos and other files.
- Receive calls to their existing online number
- See when Skype contacts are online and available to call or IM
- Easily import names and numbers from the phone?s address book
Skype for Symbian will run on any Sony Ericsson smartphone using Symbian ^1, the latest version of the Symbian platform.