Dell today boosted the performance of its Alienware M11x, adding new Intel Core i5 and Core i7 processor options combined with the latest NVIDIA Optimus technology.
Intel?s Turbo Boost technology can further accelerate Core i5 and Core i7 performance when demand peaks. All the Alienware M11x processors are also over-clockable beyond the standard specification.
The NVIDIA GeForce GT 335M provides 1GB of discrete HD graphics performance playing at 720p resolution. Built-in NVIDIA PhysX technology propels realistic game play on the M11x.
NVIDIA Optimus technology switches seamlessly and transparently from the integrated Intel HD Graphics Media Accelerator to GeForce GT 335M discrete graphics when extra performance is demanded by visually intensive applications. Switching to integrated graphics during less visually demanding applications, like word processing or e-mail exchange, can help extend battery life.
The Alienware M11x, available in soft-touch Stealth Black or Lunar Shadow, retains its svelte 4.4-pound figure and Alienware design with built-in AlienFX illuminated keyboard and laser-engraved user nameplate. It ships with a choice of 64-bit Windows 7 operating systems installed.
- Intel Core i7 with Turbo Boost technology and over-clockable
- NVIDIA Optimus technology for dynamic switching between standard 1GB GeForce GT 335M discrete graphics and Intel Graphics Media Accelerator
- 11.6-inch Widescreen HD LED color display 1366x768 (720p)
- Up to 8GB DDR3 800Mhz memory
- Up to 500GB, 7,200RPM hard drive or 256GB Solid State Drive
- Internal High-Definition 5.1 Surround Sound audio
- Optional wireless Bluetooth 2.1
- A range of output ports including DisplayPort/HDMI Port, USB 2.0, 1394a and Ethernet RJ-45
- 8-cell prismatic (64whr) primary battery
- AlienFX illuminated keyboard
- Built-in WiFi with optional mobile broadband
- Choice of Stealth Black or Lunar Shadow colors with laser-engraved owner nameplate
The Alienware M11x is available beginning today at www.dell.com, starting at $799.