SANYO announced the release of new ultra short-focus, 3D Ready projector in July 2010.
The new PDG-DWL2500J model offers the world's shortest projection distance and can be set up vertically or horizontally. It has a compact design and it is also 3D- ready.
Basic features of the new projector include:
- Projection of a 80" image at the world?s shortest projection distance of about 32 cm. A 2.4 cm distance between the projector unit and the screen surface has been achieved with the newly developed ultra short-focus mirror projection optical unit. The distance between the projector unit and screen surface is just 8.1 cm
- When the distance between projector unit and screen surface is 0 cm, an approximately 74" image can be projected from a position close to the screen, which allows a presenter to stand in front of the image without casting a shadow on the screen or being bothered by projector light in his or her eyes.
- Available maximum projection image size: 110"
- Installation flexibility: the projector can be set up vertically or horizontally, and it can be placed in a variety of locations including table tops, walls, ceiling, or floors.
- The "Frame Sequential Display Format" (technology that rapidly alternates between left-eye and right-eye images) for 3D technology enables the viewing of 3D images when wearing 3D glasses (Active Shutter).
- Measuring just 321.0 mm (width) x 170.0 mm (height) x 385.0 mm (depth)
- "Wide XGA Real" compatibility feature for high resolution images
- 10W Speaker (mono)
- HDMI input
- "Long-life Filter" for reducing maintenance effort.
- Standard "Wired LAN terminal" (RJ-45) enables control and management of the projector over a network
- "Presentation Timer Function" permits effective presentations by displaying the elapsed time on the screen
- "Freeze Function" allows the pausing of presentations
- "Color-board Mode" enables projection onto colored walls or school blackboards
- "Direct Power-on Function" allows the projector to be turned on just by plugging in the power cord, without having to press a button on the remote or projector unit
- The "Direct Power-off Function" allows the projector to be unplugged right away after use.
The new projector will be exhibited at InfoComm 2010 in Las Vegas, USA, from June 9 to 11, 2010.