Starting May 6th, you can order KIN online at Verizon Wireless and on May 13th, KIN
will be available in Verizon Wireless stores.
KIN ONE is available for $49.99. KIN TWO is available for $99.99.
Prices for KIN ONE and KIN TWO are after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement with Verizon Wireless.
To get the most out of your KIN, you will need to be on at least a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan and an Email and Web for Smartphone plan. Verizon?s Nationwide Talk plans begin at $39.99 with monthly access. And their Email and Web for Smartphone plans start at $29.99 for unlimited monthly access.
Designed specifically for people who are actively navigating their social lives, KIN blends the phone, online services and the PC.
Both KIN phones feature a touch screen and slide-out QWERTY keyboard, making it easy to:
- With the KIN Loop, all of your favorite people and things you love are right on your home screen in real time. You tell KIN who and what is important, and it delivers the latest updates from your favorite websites and social networks such as Facebook, MySpace and Twitter.
- Share your story with the world: The KIN Spot is the new way to share. Share almost anything - photos, texts, Web pages - with almost anyone. Since the Spot is always on your screen, it?s unbelievably easy to drop stuff into the Spot and send by text, e-mail, or social network update.
- Your phone, on the Web: With the KIN Studio, almost everything on your phone - messages, contacts, photos and videos - is backed up to a private, password-protected website where you can visit all of your memories anywhere there is a computer. And with virtually unlimited storage, there?s almost no limit to what you can keep.
- Capture and share all your memories: The KIN Camera captures all the moments that matter most, and makes it easy to share them. The KIN ONE has a 5 MP lens while the KIN TWO has an 8 MP lens and shoots video in HD. With anti-shake, autofocus and an LED flash, KIN lets you take nice pictures, even in low light, and post or share them with just one touch.
- Zune - KIN is the first Windows Phone to feature a Zune experience - including music, video, FM radio and podcast playback. With a Zune Pass subscription and Zune software on your PC, you can listen songs from Zune Marketplace on your KIN while on the go, or load from your personal collection.
- Bing - Web and Near Me (location-based) search.
- E-mail - Support for all popular Web-based mail, POP/IMAP services, as well as Exchange for business e-mail and contact sync. Each e-mail account has its own screen so it's easy to navigate.
- Browser - You can pan, scan and zoom in and out using touch gestures. And browsing is social; it's easy to share a snapshot of the website you're viewing by dragging it to the Spot.