Dell continues to push the boundaries of workstation performance and mobility with the announcement today of the powerful 15.6-inch mobile workstation?the Dell Precision M4500.
The Dell Precision M4500 joins Dell's family of mobile workstations, which includes the 17-inch Dell Precision M6500.
The M4500 is the world?s first 15.6-inch mobile workstation to offer an optional SSD MiniCard for additional high-performance data storage and user selectable thermal tables that keep systems cool and extend battery life when full power isn?t needed. In addition to the M6500, the M4500 provides near instant access to e-mail, calendar, contacts, the Internet and virtual remote desktops, with a new technology called Dell Precision ON.
Other product highlights include:
- Available with optional Intel Core i7-920XM Quad Core processor Extreme Edition, Intel Core i7 and Core i5 processors linked with fast 1066MHz and 1333MHz memory for compute intensive and memory bandwidth sensitive applications;
- Optional NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800M or Quadro FX 880M graphics with 1GB of dedicated memory for large models and models with high texture;
- Optional HD+ sRGB LED 15.6-inch screen with 120 percent user selectable color gamut support;
- Optional 3MP camera and Gobi 2.0 mobile broadband support with a multi-touch touchpad for greater user flexibility;
- Enables easy portability with a starting weight of only 6.0 lbs?; and,
- Support for the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, along with Red Hat Linux 5.3 64-bit.
Like the Dell Precision M6500, the M4500 offers compatibility and optimized performance on key applications from leading Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) such as Adobe, Autodesk, Dassault Syst?mes, PTC and Siemens PLM Software.
The Dell Precision M4500 mobile workstation will be available for order globally in the coming weeks. More details can be found at www.dell.com/precision.
Dell also announced today that it plans to support the new Intel Xeon 5600 "Westmere-EP" series of processors on the three recently announced Dell Precision tower workstations. The new Intel Xeon 5600 processors are expected to be available on the Dell Precision T7500, T5500 and T3500 workstation to order in the coming weeks.