Lenovo today announced the new ThinkPad X201 laptop and five new Think-branded products, the ThinkPad X201s laptop, the ThinkPad X201 tablet, the W701 and W701ds mobile workstations and the ThinkServer TS200v tower.
At "over three gigahertz and under three pounds," the ThinkPad X201 packs heavyweight performance into an extremely thin and light design. Lanovo claims that the new X201 outclocks competitors in its class by 25 percent and includes Intel?s normal volt Core Processors instead of the typical Intel low volt processors. The X201 also long battery life with up to 11 hours. The new ThinkPad X201s weighs in at under 2.5 pounds and now achieves over 12 hours of battery life.
The new W Series mobile workstations are Lenovo?s most powerful ThinkPads yet. They pair Intel Core i7 Series processors (with Intel Turbo Boost and Intel Hyperthreading technologies) with NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800 and 3800 Series GPUs. The W701 and W701ds are the only 17 inch mobile workstations to feature an optional built-in color calibrator to help professionals in computer aided design and digital content creation ensure accurate colors are displayed. They are featuring an optional built-in WACOM digitizer and pen to manipulate fine details. The W701 and W701ds are certified to run popular applications from independent software vendors, Dassault Systemes CATIA, SolidWorks, PTC Pro/E and more.
Lenovo's X201 tablet features:
- 12.1 inch multitouch screen with a touch-based hardware interface and Lenovo SimpleTap navigation application
- Dual functionality as a pen or finger-based slate and a full-size laptop with keyboard
- Microsoft Windows 7 business operating system optimized for touch
- Multitasking capability with Flash and Java support
- The latest Intel Core processors
- Wide-viewing angle screen for viewing up to 185 degrees
- Optional superbright outdoor screen
- Security tools including fingerprint reader, anti-theft technologies, self encrypting hard drives and more
- Noise cancelling microphones, stereo speakers, 2.0 MP camera, 54mm ExpressCard slot for smart card reader, TV Tuner, firewire and other devices
- WiMAX, 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth and Gigabit Ethernet connectivity
- Optional DVD drive connection through ultrabase or USB port for watching multimedia
- Expandability with up to 8GB memory, multiple USB ports, 54mm Express Card Slot and more
The ThinkServer TS200v has been designed as an entry single processor server with models starting under $500 for small businesses. The Intel Active Management Technology makes remote management easier, while is also includes reliability features like memory error correction and built-in RAID protection.
Lenovo PCs are also offering extra features. These features are practical and simple solutions that make everyday computing more convenient. For example, now the fingerprint reader on the ThinkPad X Series laptops works as conveniently as using an electronic pas for a car going through a toll booth. Users can power on their laptop just by swiping their finger on the fingerprint reader without having to press the power button.
Lenovo is also taking the hassle out of replacing laptop batteries by offering a new three year warranty on the X Series laptops for more up and running time. Strong design and performance go hand in hand, and Think PCs are designed to last. Roll cages on the W701 and W701ds, carbon glass fiber on the X201s and the Active Protection System in all the laptops helps them meet up to eight military specifications for high temperatures, shock, high altitude and dust.
The new products meet Energy Star 5.0 and Energy Star Server 1.0. Many of the laptop models are EPEAT Gold-rated for their environmental attributes, including high amounts of post consumer recycled plastics.
The ThinkPad X201, X201s, X201 tablet, W701, W701ds and ThinkServer TS200v are available beginning in March through business partners and www.lenovo.com. Pricing for models of the X201, X201s, X201 tablet, W701 and W701ds start at approximately $1,199, $1,599, $1,549, $2,199 and $3,799.