An early version of Mozilla's next Thunderbird is ready for testing.
Code-named Lanikai Alpha 1, available here for download
, is for testers, extension developers, and other people who are curious to follow the development of the next release of Thunderbird.
Lanikai Alpha 1 includes initial versions of new features that build on the current release, Thunderbird 3. Mozilla plans to to release further interim releases as they work towards a major new release of Thunderbird.
Lanikai Alpha 1 is built on top of the Gecko 1.9.2 platform. Notable changes include:
- Several improvements to IMAP.
- Several fixes for Smart Folders, message filters, and attachment handling.
- Several design improvements and corrections to the interface.
- Download Manager is now accessible as a menu item (Tools > Saved Files).
- Stability and memory improvements.
For a more detailed list of bug fixes, see the the full bug list