AMD today introduced the ATI Radeon HD 5670 graphics card, the latest addition to its line-up of graphics products to fully support Microsoft DirectX 11 gaming and computing, as well as new technologies such as ATI Eyefinity technology.
Priced at less than USD $100, the ATI Radeon HD 5670 graphics card enables a HD gaming in the latest DirectX 11 titles, employs ATI Stream technology to boost performance in video playback and productivity applications, and supports Microsoft Windows 7.
The ATI Radeon HD 5670 graphics card delivers up to 620 GigaFLOPS of compute power and GDDR5 memory, delivering high gaming performance for under USD $100 in the latest DirectX 11 titles such as Codemaster's Colin McRae: DiRT 2, EA Phenomic's BattleForge , GSC Game World's S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 as well as DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 10.1 and OpenGL titles.
In some of today?s most popular games, the ATI Radeon HD 5670 graphics processor showed a more than 20 percent performance improvement over the closest competing product in its class (Nvidia GeForce GT 240), according to AMD data.
The latest in ATI Eyefinity technology enables up to three displays to be used with a single ATI Radeon HD 5670 graphics card.
ATI Stream technology speeds up video transcoding and improves video playback performance with applications such as Adobe Flash, and helps to deliver video enhancements that produce better visual quality with sharper images.
* Engine clock speed: 775 MHz
* Processing power (single precision): 620 GigaFLOPS
* Polygon throughput: 775M polygons/sec
* Data fetch rate (32-bit): 62 billion fetches/sec
* Texel fill rate (bilinear filtered): 15.5 Gigatexels/sec
* Pixel fill rate: 6.2 Gigapixels/sec
* Anti-aliased pixel fill rate: 24.8 Gigasamples/sec
* Memory clock speed: 1.0 GHz
* Memory data rate: 4.0 Gbps
* Memory bandwidth: 64 GB/sec
* Maximum board power: 64 Watts
* Idle board power: 15 Watts
* 627 million 40nm transistors
* TeraScale 2 Unified Processing Architecture
- 400 Stream Processing Units
- 20 Texture Units
- 32 Z/Stencil ROP Units
- 8 Color ROP Units
* GDDR5 memory interface
* PCI Express 2.1 x16 bus interface
* DirectX 11 support
* OpenGL 3.2 support
* ATI Eyefinity multi-display technology
* ATI Stream acceleration technology
* ATI CrossFireX multi-GPU technology
* ATI Avivo HD Video & Display technology
* Integrated dual-link DVI output with HDCP
* Integrated DisplayPort output
* Integrated HDMI 1.3 output with Deep Color, xvYCC wide gamut support, and high bit-rate audio
* Integrated VGA output