LG Display will showcase new technologies and products at FPD (Flat Panel Display) International 2009 to be held at the Pacifico Yokohama (Exhibition Hall) in Japan from October 28 to 30.
LG Display will reveal its differentiated technology centering on the themes of 'IPS technology', '3D display, 'environmentally friendly display', and 'next-generation display'.
The company?s product line-up will include a 480Hz LCD panel for TV with a fast motion picture response time (MPRT) of 4ms, OLED products ranging in size from 2.67-inch to 20.7-inch and an e-book that is equipped with solar cell.
LG Display will show LCD TV panels based on IPS (In-Plane Switching) technology. IPS panels boast fast MPRT, no lingering afterimage and minimum color distortion to deliver clear moving images while maintaining superior wide viewing angle, the company claims.
- The ultra slim (5.9mm) 42-inch and 47-inch TV panels with an edge-lit LED backlight
- 55-inch TV panel lit by modular LED backlight, which enables local dimming and minimizes panel thickness by combining the advantage of edge-type and direct-type LED backlights
- 47-inch 3D display that can be switched from 2D to 3D modes with the push of a button
- 3D displays ranging in size from 23-inch to 47-inch featuring various 3D technologies. A 47-inch 3D LCD with active shutter technology, as well as a
Environmentally Friendly Display
LG Display will also present eco-friendly products with low power consumption delivering high resolution images.
- 32-inch TV panel and 15.4-inch notebook PC panel lit by LED backlight boasting the world?s lowest power consumption
- e-book equipped with a thin film solar cell that can be recharged with solar power
Also included in the company?s line-up are innovative products that will lead the next-generation display market.
- OLED products ranging in size from 2.67- to 20.7-inch. The company will demonstrate a 15-inch transparent OLED display, which is aimed at use in public places. The transmittance of the display, which is the first sample, is 30%. The company has not yet decided when to commercialize it.
- 14.1-inch panel for notebook PC with a privacy protection function
- 1.4-inch round LCD and 1.4-inch donut-shaped LCD