Acer America today announced U.S. availability of the Aspire One AOD250 netbook featuring a dual-boot operating system including Android and Windows XP Home.
The open design of Android gives Aspire One users faster connections to the Internet and increased access to productivity and entertainment applications. Continuing to push the envelope on mobile computing solutions, Acer is offering the 10.1-inch Aspire One AOD250 with Android and Windows XP to U.S. customers with prices beginning at $349.99.
The Aspire One AOD250 netbook includes a dual-boot feature allowing users to switch between Android and Windows XP Home operating systems with just a click of a mouse. Designed specifically for mobile devices and applications, Android allows the Aspire One netbook to boot up and shut down quickly with "instant on" Internet connectivity, saving time and boosting productivity.
"The Android operating system and the Aspire One netbook is an ideal combination for end users that require a highly mobile device for data consumption," said Sumit Agnihotry, vice president of product management for Acer America. "The unique dual-boot OS on the new Aspire One ensures users fast connections, the familiarity of Windows, and the added convenience of open source mobile platforms and applications."
The Aspire One netbook weights less than three pounds and utilizes the energy-efficient Intel Atom Processor N280. The Aspire One comes with a high-density, six-cell, 5800 mAh battery, 1GB of memory, integrated 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi network connectivity, and a 160GB internal hard drive. The notebook utilizes a Multi-Gesture Touchpad, allowing users to pinch, flick and swirl their fingers across the touchpad for intuitive navigation. It also allows users to scroll, zoom in and out and flip through web pages, photos, spreadsheets and more.
The Aspire One has a 10.1-inch CrystalBrite LED-backlit display. For communication needs, the netbook is equipped with the Acer Crystal Eye webcam and a built-in digital microphone. Bluetooth 2.1 allows the Aspire One easy connectivity to enabled wireless devices, such as phones, printers and PDAs.
Acer Aspire One AOD250 with Android Specifications
* Intel Atom Processor N280 (1.66GHz, 512KB L2 cache, 667MHz FSB)
* Dual-Boot Operating System, choose between Android and Windows XP Home operating systems
* 10.1" WSVGA Acer CrystalBrite LED-backlit Display
* Mobile Intel 945GSE Express Chipset
* Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
* 1024MB DDR2 667MHz Memory
* 160GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
* Multi-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader
* Acer InviLink 802.11b/g Wi-Fi CERTIFIED
* Bluetooth 2.1
* Integrated Acer Crystal Eye Webcam
* Two Built-in Stereo Speakers
* Dolby? Headphone Technology
* Multi-Gesture Touchpad
* 3 - USB 2.0 Ports
* 6-cell Li-ion Battery (5800 mAh)
* 2.79 lbs. | 1.27 kg
* 10.2" (W) x 8.4" (D) x 1.0" (H)
* MSRP: $349.99
* Four colors: Ruby Red, Diamond Black, Sapphire Blue and Seashell White