Acer today introduced its new smartphone "Liquid" series: the world?s first Qualcomm Snapdragon processor based and Android 1.6 high definition smartphone.
Acer Liquid is the first Wide-VGA smartphone in the market benefiting from the latest release of the Android 1.6 Operating System (aka Donut) and the first Android smartphone in the market equipped with the Qualcomm Snapdragon processor.
The new phone has a High Definition capacitive touch screen (Wide VGA), for watching pictures or videos. Powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, Acer Liquid provides instant access to web pages, smooth streaming of videos or music , and instant response from popular mail, maps and search applications. The high-speed processing capability and high-speed internet access (HSPA) of Snapdragon brings to life the Android experience: no idle-time, almost instant uploads of web pages and downloads of rich multimedia contents.
Acer Liquid features:
- Improved power management to help achieve longer battery autonomy;
- A new user interface with easy access to entertainment and web bookmarks;
- An optimized camera with geo-tagging, ISO, self-timer options and accelerated auto-focus performance;
- Exclusive Spinlets application providing free streaming of worldwide music and video, that can be shared with friends and family through web-posting or e-mail;
- Smart integration of Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Picasa and Flickr in the address book, with realtime notification of status or content updates.