Sprint and Samsung Mobile today announced the upcoming availability of Samsung Moment, Samsung?s first U.S. handset integrating the open Android platform.
Samsung Moment represents a new generation of portable Internet access devices and provides access to built-in Google mobile services, including Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail and YouTube, as well as thousands of applications available in Android Market. Samsung Moment also offers the first Sprint 3.2-inch AMOLED touch-screen and it is powered by an 800 MHz processor, making this device one of the fastest wireless phones available today.
Beginning Nov. 1, consuners can purchase Samsung Moment through all Sprint channels including Web (www.sprint.com), Telesales (1-800-SPRINT1) and the company's national retail partners. Retail pricing will be $179.99 (excluding taxes) after a $50 instant savings and a $100 mail-in-rebate with a two-year service agreement. Pre-registration for this phone begins today at www.sprint.com/moment.
Samsung Moment offers simple device navigation through an optical joystick located just below the expansive display. It features Wi-Fi capability, integrated GPS navigation and accelerometer. Additional features include:
- 3.2-megapixel camera with flash and camcorder with auto-focus
- Stereo Bluetooth 2.0 wireless technology
- Expandable memory up to 32GB
- Sprint TV with live and on-demand programming
- NFL Mobile Live and NASCAR Sprint Cup MobileSM
- Access to social networking sites, including Facebook, Flickr and Twitter
- Media player with 3.5-millimeter headphone jack
- Visual voice mail for access to specific voice mail messages
- Access to personal and corporate email through Active Sync