Corel Corp. today announced the newest version of the popular DVD playback software - Corel WinDVD Pro 2010.
This latest release is introducing speed enhancements across the application, improved Blu-ray support with BD-Live and new GPU-based upscaling that boosts standard-definition (SD) video to HD-like quality.
Increased format support lets you watch popular video formats, even direct from your camera or camcorder. New support for BD-Live gives access to bonus features. The software is also designed for the latest technologies in Windows 7, giving users hands-on control when used with Windows Touch enabled hardware.
New to Corel WinDVD Pro 2010
- Experience high-definition Blu-ray movies with 1080p sharpness and next-generation surround sound
- Support for BD-Live, an interactive Blu-ray feature
HD Upscaling for Standard-Definition DVDs
- A new GPU-based solution or the latest Trimension All2HD technology to upscale SD video to near-HD quality.
Speed and Performance
- Thanks to optimization for new CPUs and GPUs, WinDVD Pro 2010 provides quick, clear Blu-ray and DVD playback
- New battery optimization delivers optimal performance to extend the battery life on Windows Vista and Windows 7 without comprising video quality
Windows 7 Touch Control
- Explore new Windows 7 features, including Windows Touch, Jump Lists and Taskbar integration
- Access WinDVD controls with the touch of a finger on Touch-enabled hardware
Incredible Surround Sound
- Dolby Digital Technology and DTS Neo:6
- Experience an authentic surround sound effect, even through headphones, with WinDVD Virtualization technology
- Format Support: BD-ROM (BonusView, BD-Live), BD-R/BD-RE, AVCREC, AVCHD, MPEG2 PS/TS, Windows Media, QuickTime
- Video Codec: MPEG2, VC1, MPEG-4/AVC (H.264)
- Audio format support: Dolby Digital/Dolby Digital Plus/Dolby TrueHD, DTS/DTS-HD Master Audio
- Audio Technology: Dolby Headphone, Dolby Virtual Speaker, Dolby Pro Logic IIx and DTS Neo: 6
- Hardware: GPU optimization support for NVIDIA, ATI and Intel hardware
Corel WinDVD Pro 2010 is now available globally in English, Chinese Traditional, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish and Spanish as an electronic software download (ESD). In the US and Canada, the product is available at the suggested retail price of $99.99. English, Chinese Traditional and German versions of Corel WinDVD Pro 2010 will also be available at retailers around the world starting later this month.
For users who don't require Blu-ray support, but want to enjoy HD (AVCHD) video playback and advanced SD upscaling, Corel also offers WinDVD 2010 standard edition for $49.99 (USD and CDN) available exclusively from Corel or as part of the new Corel Digital Studio 2010 suite.