AT&T and Nokia today announced the availability of the Nokia Surge, a socially supercharged smartphone.
Available online and in AT&T stores on July 19, the Nokia Surge offers 3G connectivity for users who like to stay connected whether using IM, text or email, sending multimedia messages, AT&T Video Share, or updating and connecting via their favorite social networks.
The phone is equipped with a a full slide-out QWERTY keyboard and offers Symbian S60 multi-tasking capabilities, internet browsing including Flash support and allows users to post messages, images, videos, and comments to web sites like Facebook on-the-go with the pre-installed JuiceCaster application.
"Launching at 79.99 USD with a complete email solution, downloadable applications and full HTML browser with Flash support, Nokia Surge hits the sweet spot between a quick messaging phone and a smartphone because of its low-price and strong feature set," said Michael Woodward, vice president, Mobile Phone Portfolio, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets.
The Nokia Surge offers multimedia and entertainment features, including:
- 2.0 megapixel camera with 4X digital zoom
- AT&T Navigator - AT&T Navigator provides audible turn-by-turn directions, monitors traffic and alerts users when there is a slowdown or incident
- AT&T Mobile Music - Listen and download music from Napster Mobile, eMusic Mobile, XM Radio and more over the air
- AT&T Video Share - The first service in the U.S. that allows users to share live video over wireless devices while participating in a voice call
- JuiceCaster - Share videos and pictures from wireless device to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Flickr
The Nokia Surge will be available through select AT&T retail locations or at www.wireless.att.com for 79.99 USD with a two-year service agreement and after a mail-in rebate. (Pay 129.99 USD and after mail-in rebate receive 50.00 USD AT&T Promotion Card. Two-year agreement for wireless voice plan of 39.99 USD a month or higher and data plan of 30.00 USD a month or more required for rebate.)