AMD's latest set of the Catalyst drivers promise to offer performance increase with Company of Heroes and some significant performance increases for Crysis Warhead, Crysis and World in Conflict, compared with last month?s ATI Cataylst 9.5 driver.
According to AMD, Catalyst 9.6 offers:
- Company of Heroes - performance gains of up to 25% for the ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series, and performance gains of up to 10% for the ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
- Crysis Warhead - performance gains of up to 11% for ATI CrossFireX technology in dual configuration.
- Crysis - performance gains of up to 13% for ATI CrossFireX technology in dual configuration.
- World in Conflict - performance gains of up to 30% for high settings that were previously CPU limited with the ATI Radeon HD 4800 series.
In addition, this month's release of Linux ATI Catalyst 9.6 driver has support for the following new operating systems:
-SLED and SLED 11 production support
- RHEL 4.8 early look support
ATI MultiView for Consumer users
- Allows users to render applications using a multiple GPU configuration with a unified workspace
- Enables Xinerama in single or multiple GPU configurations
- Supported on any combination of the ATI Radeon HD 4000, ATI Radeon 3000 Series and ATI Radeon 2000 Series of graphics cards
For additional information see the complete Release Notes
For downloads, visit http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx