On April 5, Nintendo launches Nintendo DSi, the third iteration of the company'sd portable video game system.
Nintendo DSi gives new and veteran gamers the ability to customize, personalize and share their experiences with friends and family. Two built-in, interactive cameras let people snap and modify photos, while recorded sounds can be played and manipulated in interesting and imaginative ways. Also on April 5, Nintendo will launch the Nintendo DSi Shop, a new online storefront where users can redeem Nintendo DSi Points to download a variety of games and applications. Nintendo DSi will be available in the United States in Blue or Black at an MSRP of $169.99.
In the same way that WiiWare has given developers big and small a way to deliver their most original games directly to Wii users, Nintendo DSiWare provides access to the latest hand-held games from a variety of studios and genres. Here are the Nintendo DSiWare titles that will be available when the Nintendo DSi Shop launches:
- WarioWare: Snapped! ? Using the built-in Nintendo DSi camera, this title puts players right at the center of fast-paced mini-games, challenging them to race the clock and get a peek at Wario?s photo album.
- Bird & Beans ? Using an elastic tongue, players must scramble to collect falling beans. The harder a bean is to catch, the more points it?s worth.
- Brain Age Express: Math ? In this math-focused edition of the popular Brain Age series, players can enjoy a mix of new and familiar training exercises. A new Themes mode also lets Nintendo DSi users experiment with images and voice recordings in fun, unusual ways.
- Master of Illusion Express: Funny Face ? This game uses your Nintendo DSi as a prop in a card trick. Draw a face on the touch screen and astound your audience as the face tells them which playing card they picked.
- Art Style: AQUIA ? The newest addition to the Art Style series, this underwater puzzle game challenges players to help a scuba diver reach the ocean floor by matching a series of colored blocks.
In addition to the expanding lineup of DSiWare game titles, visitors to the Nintendo DSi Shop can also download the free Nintendo DSi Browser powered by Opera to enjoy portable access to the Internet.
As an incentive to get people connected and enjoying the online content, consumers who buy a Nintendo DSi system and connect it to the Nintendo DSi Shop by Oct. 5, 2009, will automatically receive 1,000 Nintendo DSi Points. (Visit dsioffer.nintendo.com for more details.) Software in the Nintendo DSi Shop will be available at four price points: free, 200 points, 500 points and 800+ points. Users can purchase additional Nintendo DSi Points in the Nintendo DSi Shop or via a Nintendo Points Card sold at retail locations. Nintendo DSi Points will be available in increments of 2,000 at an MSRP of $19.99.
Nintendo DSi will feature two cameras ? one pointing at the user when the system is open, one facing away ? allowing you to take photos and manipulate them with 10 built-in "lenses" including Distortion, Graffiti and Mischief. The Nintendo DSi Sound application lets people put their own spin on their music with the ability to play and manipulate AAC sound files accessed from an SD card. These sonic tweaks are not saved or stored ? they?re meant for having fun on-the-fly, changing the pitch or playback speed of a clip with a simple touch of the stylus.
Nintendo DSi features parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access.