Fusion-io today announced the ioDrive Duo Solid State Drive (SSD), the market's fastest server-based solid-state storage solution.
erformance for multiple ioDrive Duos scales linearly, allowing any enterprise to scale performance to six gigabytes per-second (Gbytes/sec) of read bandwidth and over 500,000 read IOPS by using just four ioDrive Duos.
"Many database and system administrators are finding that SANs are too expensive and don't meet performance, protection and capacity utilization expectations," said David Flynn, CTO of Fusion-io. "This is why more and more application vendors are moving toward application-centric solid-state storage. The ioDrive Duo offers the enterprise the advantages of application-centric storage without application-specific programming."
Based on PCI Express x8 or PCI Express 2.0 x4 standards, which can sustain up to 20 gigabits per-second (Gbytes/sec) of raw throughput, the ioDrive Duo has more than enough bandwidth to obtain leading performance from a single card. The ioDrive Duo can sustain 1.5 Gbytes/sec of read bandwidth and nearly 200,000 read IOPS. Its performance metrics are as follows:
- Sustained read bandwidth: 1500 MB/sec (32k packet size)
- Sustained write bandwidth: 1400 MB/sec (32k packet size)
- Read IOPS: 186,000 (4k packet size)
- Write IOPS: 167,000 (4k packet size)
- Latency < 50 ?sec
The ioDrive Duo also offers solid-state protection for data integrity and reliability with triple redundancy for a single storage component.
- Multi-bit error detection and correction
- Patent-pending Flashback protection, offering chip-level N+1 redundancy and on-board self-healing so that no servicing is required
- Optional RAID-1 mirroring between two ioMemory modules on the same ioDrive Duo, offering complete redundancy on a single PCIe card
The ioDrive Duo comes in capacities of 160GB, 320GB and 640GB. A 1.28B version will be available in the second half of 2009.
The ioDrive Duo will be available in April 2009.