DataPlay GmbH / DPHI Datarius Inc. has achieved DVD Class-A Laboratory status through the DVD Forum.
DVD-ROM and DVD-VIDEO manufacturers need the DVD Forum Class-A LAB certification prior to introducing their products to the marketplace. The DVD Class-A Lab offers all types of testing (electrical, physical, content, video/audio streaming) in accordance with the DVD Forum Specifications. DataPlay GmbH / DPHI Datarius Inc. will also provide consulting services and training on optical media properties.
Class-A Laboratories (A-Labs) provide expertise in DVD technologies and services. They are managed by the DVD Forum Steering Committee members and/or leading companies in the development of DVD Formats and must satisfy the following tasks:
- Execute comprehensive DVD verification (First Production Model and Next Production Model)
- Execute services requested by the DVD Forum (e.g. market inspections)
- Contribute to further development of test specifications, testing criteria, specification interpretation, and testing methods and procedures
- Provide technical support to other Class-A, Class-B, Class-C Labs, DVD FLLC, and the DVD Community
- Contribute to the development of innovative test tools and procedures
- Provide services to the DVD FLLC (e.g. market inspection, market monitoring, et al)