Nvidia has released the latest WHQL software/driver pack for its compete series of graphics cards, installed on Windows XP and Vista systems.
What's new v180.48
- Enables NVIDIA SLI technology on SLI-certified Intel X58-based motherboards with the following GPUs: GeForce GTX 280, GeForce GTX 260, GeForce 9800 GX2, GeForce 9800 GTX+, and GeForce 9800 GTX.
- This driver version adds support for NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on all GeForce 8 series, 9 series and 200 series GPUs with a minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory (this driver package installs NVIDIA PhysX System Software v8.10.13).
- Boosts performance in numerous 3D applications. The following are some examples of improvements measured with Release 180 WHQL drivers vs. Release 178 WHQL drivers (results will vary depending on your GPU, system configuration, and game settings):
- Up to 10% performance increase in 3DMark Vantage (performance preset)
- Up to 13% performance increase in Assassin's Creed
- Up to 13% performance increase in BioShock
- Up to 15% performance increase in Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
- Up to 10% performance increase in Crysis Warhead
- Up to 25% performance increase in Devil May Cry 4
- Up to 38% performance increase in Far Cry 2
- Up to 18% performance increase in Race Driver: GRID
- Up to 80% performance increase in Lost Planet: Colonies
- Up to 18% performance increase in World of Conflict
- Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9 and OpenGL.
- Supports CUDA.
- Supports Folding@home distributing computing application.
The complete release notes are available here
GeForce Release v180.48 Win XP 32bit
GeForce Release v180.48 Win XP 64bit
GeForce Release v180.48 Win Vista 32bit
GeForce Release v180.48 Win Vista 64bit