AMD released the latest update (v8.10) to the Catalyst software suite.
New features include the following:
Catalyst Control Center Fan speed control
This release of the ATI software driver version 8.54 introduces the ability for users to control the speed of the GPU fan when running in accelerated graphics.
Force Component Video Detection
This release allows users the option in Catalyst Control Center to force Component Video detection in the Display Options aspect. By selecting this option user are able to adjust the Component Video property settings (without a device being physically attached) allowing user to change format and frequency to a desired value. The selected values will be applied to the display once a component video display device get connected. The feature is applicable for all AMD products supporting Component Video.
Resolved Issues for the Windows Vista Operating System
- Some video corruption might be noticed when playing certain Blu-ray titles.
- Disconnecting an HDMI display device during DVD playback may result in Windows Vista failing to respond.
- Flickering may occur on the primary display when two dual link displays are used.
- Playing some video file formats under Windows Media Player 11 can cause a time delay response.
- City of Villains: Flashing observed in the game when super AA is enabled in Catalyst Control Center and the resolution is at 2560x1600.
- When desktop rotation enabled in OS:Vista Greek some text is cutoff in the default monitor.
- Performing an express un-install of the display driver on some ATI Radeon HD 48x0 series devices, may intermittently result in the display device failing to display an image.
Resolved Issues for the Windows XP Operating System
- Catalyst Control Center Avivo Gamma control fails to function when playing a DVD using MS Windows Media Player or Cyberlink PowerDVD player.
- Opening Catalyst Control Center while playing back a HD/SD title with Cyberlink will cause display to go blank.
Further details available in the Release Notes
Catalyst v8.10 for Windows XP Professional/Home Edition
Catalyst v8.10 for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
Catalyst v8.10 for Windows Vista (32 bit)
Catalyst v8.10 for Windows Vista (64 bit)
Catalyst v8.10 for Windows XP Media Center Edition