LG Electronics and Dolby Laboratories announced that LG would be the first handset maker to incorporate Dolby Mobile into handsets bound for the global market.
The companies signed an agreement that grants LG a
license to embed Dolby Mobile Technology into its handsets.
Dolby Mobile is the company's audio processing technology platform for mobile applications.
LG plans to apply Dolby Mobile technology to a wide range of
multimedia features on its phones.
Some of the Dolby Mobile features that LG plans to
incorporate into its phones include:
- Mobile Surround, which delivers a surround
sound experience using headphones
- Sound Space Expander, which creates a wide, rich and
spacious soundstage experience especially suited to music
- Natural Bass, which adds boost and bass
- High Frequency Enhancer, which enhances music and
other content by restoring high-frequency effects
- Graphic EQ, which helps tune the audio experience for
different content types
- Sound Level Control, which helps level out audio for
a more consistent playback volume
- Mono-to-Stereo Converter, which improves the playback
experience of user-generated content
LG plans to begin launching high-end multimedia phones
that incorporate Dolby Mobile technology from the fourth
quarter of this calendar year.