Viigo is running two beta programs over the summer months as they prepare for a September final release of Viigo 3.0:
Private Beta - launched yesterday, some 2,000 beta testers will put the newest features through their paces.
Public Beta - available today, this beta is open to everyone!
As of right now the Private/Public Betas are running the same code base, but the Private testers will be getting new features shortly (ie. Audio) which will make their way to the Public beta a few weeks later. You can expect to see 2 or 3 versions of the beta before the final release hits and Viigo will automatically notify you when a new version becomes available.
What's in the Public Beta
- News & RSS - essentially the same as we have in the current shipping version of Viigo
- CFL - a sample of what's going to be possible on Viigo's Expanded Sports Service (league news, standings, live scores, ticket sales, etc.) will eventually become part of the sports folder, but it?s separated right now for technical reasons.
- Weather - 5 day forecourt favorite cities - lots more coming here too including radar, etc.
- Sports - live scores for the following current leagues (MLB, PGA, LPGA, Formula 1, CFL and the Euro 2008) - you'll see other sports such as the NFL, NCAA, etc as the respective seasons start
- Entertainment - some fun bPLay Games and Themes including some free games, just for Viigo users - lots more coming here
Stocks - a very very early sample of a portfolio service, showing updated market data for a sample portfolio of commonly held stocks lots more coming here, including the ability to manage your own portfolios, and get much richer data than is currently shown.
Beta Feedback - the ability to submit Bugs, Features Requests or UI Requests directly to our Product Management team right from within the app.
Viigo Beta Links
For an overview video of what's in the public beta, head over to http://www.viigo.com/tango
The Public Beta landing page can be found at http://www.viigo.com/beta
To download the public beta directly from your device, you can head to http://www.GetViigo.com/beta from your BlackBerry browser