Samsung Instinct, exclusively from Sprint, brings speed, simplicity and a fully-inegrated touch-screen experience to wireless marketplace.
Providing instant access to Sprint's fast network speeds,
GPS navigation and Sprint TV, Samsung Instinct offers a
true HTML Web browsing experience and one-touch access to favorites
Customers can go to www.nowisgood.com today and register to be among the
first to own Sprint's first consumer EV-DO Rev A device; available in June
Sprint and Samsung Mobile today announced the upcoming availability of a new wireless device, Samsung Instinct, which offers consumers an
industry-leading user experience by combining full touch screen functionality with fast speeds available on the nation's largest mobile broadband network. This revolutionary device speeds up the user experience like no other touch screen phone and brings the customer's most-used applications and contacts within a single finger tap.
Samsung Instinct, exclusively available from Sprint, has a high-tech look with large, vibrant touch screen featuring localized tactile feedback, called haptics, which allow the virtual QWERTY keypad and other operations to become a sensory experience. The device also offers a Voice to Action button providing many functions using voice activation including call, text, picture messaging, traffic, movie, sports, news and search.
As Sprint's first EV-DO Rev A consumer-centric device, Samsung Instinct provides the ability to quickly browse the Web, access business or personal e-mail, share pictures, listen to commercial-free radio and more at broadband speeds. Samsung Instinct also provides access to Sprint exclusive services and multimedia content, including:
- Sprint Navigation, powered by Telenav, with GPS-enabled audio and visual turn-by-turn driving directions, one-click traffic rerouting and more than 10 million local listings
- Live Search for Sprint, powered by Microsoft, provides easy access to directory information on-the-go, GPS-enabled directions, interactive maps and one-touch click to call access
- Sprint TV with an extensive selection of live and on-demand programming
- Sprint Exclusive Entertainment (SEE), the industry's only made-for-mobile sports and
entertainment video programming network
- Sprint Music Store allowing users to browse and wirelessly download full-length songs directly to their phone for just 99 cents each
- Pocket Express with up-to-date information on sports, weather, news, movie showtimes
and other options customized to the user's zip code
The vast majority of Sprint's Mobile Broadband Network has been upgraded to EV-DO Rev. A technology, providing Samsung Instinct users blazing fast speeds on the nation's largest mobile broadband network (based on covered square miles). The Sprint Mobile Broadband Network (inclusive of data roaming) reaches more than 242 million people, 15,325 cities and 1,452 airports and brings customers instant gratification so they can work fast and on-the-go. With EV-DO Rev. A, peak download data rates increase to 3.1 Mbps and peak upload data rates increase to 1.8 Mbps;average download speeds improve to 600 kbps to1.4 mbps and average uplink speeds increase to
350 ~ 500 kpbs.
- Instinct brings customers what they want with the immediacy they want. Every decision during the development process focused on simplifying the user experience,? said John Garcia, senior vice president of Product Development and chief marketing officer for Sprint.
The sleek and stylish device offers three dedicated keys on the lower portion of the device to make operation of the device very straightforward and easy to navigate ? phone, back and home. The phone key always takes the user back to essential voice calling and features including speed dial, visual voicemail, contacts and the dial pad. The back key is a consistent way to take a step back in the operation.
The home key on the Samsung Instinct provides quick access to the four menus of functionality included in this ground-breaking user interface:
- Favorites provides one-touch access to the things you do most making customization and personalization extremely simple. Web sites, TV channels, Text messaging friends and much more can be saved in the Favorites menu so the items used most are always at the user's fingertips.
- Main includes applications such as Messaging, Voicemail, GPS Navigation and more.
- Fun takes you to Music, TV, photos, games and more.
- Web provides a fast, real Internet experience and all things Web-related including weather and news.
Samsung Instinct boasts many advanced features including Visual Voicemail allowing users to listen to messages in their order of preference and manage them with a simple tap of the screen.
This device also provides support for corporate and consumer (POP3) email, multitasking
capabilities that allow the user to play music in background mode while surfing the Internet, texting or playing games, a 2.0 megapixel camera with camcorder and expandable microSD memory of up to 8GB. Additional features include advanced stereo Bluetooth 2.0, integrated world clock, SMS voice and text messaging with threaded text, Phone as Modem, picture caller ID and Sprint Mobile Sync.
Samsung Instinct comes with everything the user needs to enjoy the device's full capabilities right out of the box. Contents include a 2GB microSD? card that holds approximately 2,000 songs from Sprint Music Store, two standard 1,000 mAmp batteries offering up to 5.75 hours of continuous talk time each, battery charging sleeve, travel charger, USB cable, 3.5mm headphones with built-in microphone, and leather case with stylus.
Pricing for Samsung Instinct has not yet been determined. In order for customers to experience the full capabilities of the device, Samsung Instinct requires activation on a Sprint Everything pricing plan offering unlimited data starting at just $69.99 per month.
Customers can go to www.nowisgood.com today to register to be among the first to own this innovative device. It will be available in June in all Sprint retail channels including www.sprint.com and 1-800-SPRINT1.
Samsung Instinct measures 2.17 x 4.57 x 0.49 inches and weighs less than 4.5 ounces.