Lexar Media today announced its line of Crucial solid state drives (SSD).
SSDs are more durable, require less power, and offer greater overall system performance than traditional hard disk drives. The SSDs will be available in capacities of 32GB and 64GB in an industry standard 2.5-inch drive enclosure with an industry-leading native SATA 3.0Gb/s interface. Additionally, Lexar Media will offer the Crucial SK01 external drive kit and various online customer tools-including the Crucial SSD Advisor tool.
Product availability is expected in Q1 2008.
Basic features include:
- Low power consumption - Less than 2W active power
- Rugged - Resistant to high levels of shock (1,500G/0.5msec) and
vibration (20G (20-2000Hz)
- Reliable - 2 million MTBF
- Low latency - Access time less than 1ms
- Light weight - 82g
- Silent operation - Operating sound of 0 bels
- Runs cool - No moving parts to create excess heat
- Versatile - Hot Swappable design
- 5-year limited warranty
External Storage Kit
Lexar Media also announced the Crucial SK01 External Drive Storage
Kit (sold separately). The SK01 kit > will allow users to enjoy SSD technology installed in their desktop or as a portable storage device via a USB port. The kit includes a 2.5-inch USB 2.0 external enclosure, 3.5-inch SATA 3.0Gb/shot-swappable drive bay, and a 5.25-inch drive bay bracket.