A new verson of AMD's Catalyst software and drivers suite is available for download.
Catalyst 7.9 introduces the following new features:
- Avivo Video Converter for Windows Vista (64-bit)
This release of Catalyst introduces the Avivo Video Converter for the Windows Vista (64 bit) operating system. The Avivo Video Converter is a transcoder tool that provides an easy way of converting videos from one format to another. The Avivo. Video Converter accepts a wide variety of file formats as a source, and outputs to file formats such as MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4/DivX, WMA, H.264/AVC and more.
- Catalyst Control Center: Color Temperature Control
This release of Catalyst introduces Color Temperature Control within the Catalyst Control Center, allowing users to adjust the chromatic level shown on their display. Supported on the ATI Radeon X1000 Series and Radeon HD 2000 Series of products.
The following performance improvements are noticed with Catalyst 7.9:
- Far Cry performance improves up to 14 % on the ATI Radeon HD2900XT CrossFire, ATI Radeon HD2600XT single card, and ATI Radeon HD2400XT CrossFire configurations
- Call of Duty 2 performance improves as much as 12% with Anti-Aliasing enabled on the ATI Radeon HD2600XT CrossFire and single card configurations
- Half-Life 2: Episode 1 performance improves at most 9% on ATI Radeon HD2600XT CrossFire and as much as 6% on the ATI Radeon HD2400XT CrossFire configurations.
- Serious Sam 2 performance improves up to 46% on the ATI Radeon HD2400XT CrossFire and up to 27% on the ATI Radeon HD2600XT single card and CrossFire configurations with Anti-Aliasing enabled.
- Quake 4 performance with Anti-Aliasing improves 9% or more on the ATI Radeon X1600/X1650Pro and ATI Radeon X1300/X1550 products in both single and CrossFire configurations
Download the drivers at here