Today Windows Live team released new betas for several Windows Live applications: Windows Live Messenger 8.5, Windows Live Mail and Windows Live Writer.
All three are now available for download
Windows Live Messenger 8.5
Windows Live Messenger 8.5 presents a brand new look-and-feel that's more in tone with Windows Vista. While this update largely affects the back-end, it also adds several new emotions and integration with Windows Live OneCare Safety Center.
Windows Live Mail
Windows Live Mail is the successor to Windows Mail in Windows Vista (and Outlook Express on Windows XP). Windows Live Mail is also the successor to previous betas of Windows Live Mail desktop. It sports a brand new UI that more aligned with what's being adopted across Windows Live. Windows Live Mail will allow syncing with Windows Live Hotmail, serving as a client-to-service bridge. The first beta of Windows Live Mail will offer:
- Offline mail
- Windows Live Hotmail account aggregation
- Additional account aggregation for POP3 and IMAP mail accounts
- RSS feed aggregation
- More advanced photo-sharing capabilities
- More advanced search via integration with Windows - Desktop Search
- Additional safety measures (AV scanning, anti-phishing, anti-spam protection across aggregated accounts for customers who do not have an AV product)
- Additional integration with Windows Live services including Windows Live Spaces
And, there will not be any graphical advertisements in Windows Live Mail at this time.
Windows Live Writer
Windows Live Writer is a tool for composing blog posts and publishing them on several of the web's biggest blogging platforms (such as Windows Live Spaces, Community Server, WordPress, and TypePad). Windows Live Writer allows for custom plug-ins to be installed from Windows Live Gallery that extend its publishing abilities amongst blogging platforms. Today's new beta of Windows Live Writer comes with features like inline spell checking, the ability to add categories, table editing and easier image insertion. Windows Live Writer?s new beta will be available in the following markets: US (English), US (Spanish), India (English), UK, Spain, Germany, Japan, China and France.