Roxio today released Roxio Crunch, a software application for quickly converting computer-based video entertainment for viewing in the living room through Apple TV.
The software supports a broad range of personal video content including DVD-Video, MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and DivX files. In addition to converting files for Apple TV, Roxio Crunch also enables consumers to view their favorite content on the road with predefined options for output to iPod and the soon to be released iPhone. The latest addition to Sonic?s Roxio-branded consumer product line, Roxio Crunch for Mac OS X is available today at www.roxio.com. A dual-platform Mac and Microsoft Windows version will be available at retail stores later this quarter.
Roxio Crunch provides the following features:
- Converts native QuickTime file formats, such as DV, AVI, MOV, and MPEG-4
- Converts non-QuickTime file formats, such as MPEG-2 and DivX
- Converts DVD movies and discs created with Toast, iDVD, DVD Studio Pro, and other DVD authoring applications
- Offers multiple MPEG-4 and H.264 quality settings tailored for use with Apple TV, iPod, or iPhone
- Automatically adds converted video to iTunes library for syncing with Apple devices
- Includes batch video file conversion