Global Technologies Group, Inc. announced the release of their SecureDisc Standalone encryption software, for encryption of data written to DVD and CD.
SecureDisc Standalone is a drag-and-drop disc encryption recording application and does not require specialized media.
SecureDisc Standalone utilizes the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 256-bit algorithm for on-the-fly encryption. The only way to access encrypted data is with an assigned password and SecureDisc decryption software, which is available at no additional charge.
With a price of $249.00, SecureDisc Standalone allows anyone running Windows 2000 or XP, and a standard disc burner, to take advantage of the high capacity and standardized format of CD-ROM or DVD-R technology to control access to data on disc.
- A turnkey encryption solution that requires no previous experience with data security or disc production
- Automatically records encrypted ISO-9660 and UDF images
- Encrypts CDs and DVDs with AES 256-bit encryption
- Free SecureDisc decryption software
- Supports AES encryption algorithm
- Does not require specialized CD or DVD media
- Can also produce standard, non-encrypted discs
The company has also developed a version of the software for Rimage for use with the company's CD/DVD production systems.