Fujitsu Computer Products of America announced the global launch of its MHW2160BJ series mobile hard disk drives (HDDs).
Fujitsu products feature impressive storage capacities of up to
160GB and industry leading performance with 7200RPM speed. This is
also the 3rd product family Fujitsu has developed using
perpendicular magnetic recording (PMR). The MHW2160BJ series utilize a SATA 3.0Gb/sec interface. The
drives will begin shipping in second quarter 2007.
Fujitsu designed the MHW2160BJ hard disk drive series to provide
specifications that are vital for today's mobile computing
- Capacity: 80GB/120GB/160GB
- Rotational Speed: 7200 RPM
- Interface: SATA 3.0Gb/sec & 1.5Gb/sec
- Buffer to Host Transfer Rate: 300MB/sec max.
- Disk to Buffer Transfer Rate: 102.8MB/sec max.(160GB)
- Read/Write Seek Time: 10.5/12.5 ms typ.
- Track to Track Seek Time: 1.5ms typ.
- Idle Power Consumption: 0.8 W typ.
- Acoustic (Idle): 2.5 bels typ.
- Operating Shock: 300G (2ms)
- Cache size: 8MB