Skype today announced the launch of Skype Pro for Europe.
Skype Pro is a new Internet communications package offering zero cents per minute calls to domestic landlines along with a series of premium Skype features and discounts on Skype Certified hardware.
Skype?s popular features such as video calls from one Skype user to another, sending instant messages, transferring files, conference calls for up to 10 participants or joining in Skypecasts (live moderated conversations with up to 100 people) remain free to all Skype users across the world. Skype users can also use Skype to make free calls from one Skype account to another.
From today, people can choose to pay a low monthly subscription of ?2 and make zero cents per minute calls to domestic landlines in 15 countries in Europe. Skype Pro subscribers will also receive discounts on Skype Certified devices and accessories. Skype Pro?s subscription package includes:
- Zero cents per minute calling to domestic landlines in [country] previously ?0.017 per minute
- Free Skype Voicemail (normally ?15 per year)
- ?30 discount on SkypeIn numbers
- ?5 Skype Credit included as part of the introductory offer (see below)
- A ?30 discount on a Philips VoIP 841 cordless phone
- A ?10 discount on an SMC WiFi phone
- Additional discounts on a series of Skype Extras are also available including desktop sharing, avatars, emoticons and ring tones
- 15% VAT is added where applicable and all Skype Pro calls are subject to a small connection fee of up to ? 0.039 per call.
For a limited time only, users can purchase Skype Pro on a five month basis for ?10 and receive ?5 Skype credit free. After this introductory period, customers can continue with their subscriptions for just ?2* a month.
Skype Pro will initially be available across Europe in the following countries:
Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Sweden, Norway, Portugal, Spain and the UK.
Skype Pro will be rolled out to other countries worldwide later in 2007.