Corsair expanded its Fully Buffered DIMM (FB-DIMM) family of products to include new high density DDR2-667MHz speeds to support the latest dual-core Intel Xeon based platforms.
Corsair high density high-speed FB-DIMMs offer enhanced memory throughput allowing for superior application responsiveness. Based on the JEDEC standards, the new DDR2-667Mhz FB-DIMMs are designed to provide ultimate flexibility and expandability to balance capabilities of Intel dual core processors.
"Corsair is committed to support new memory technologies and to bring more scalable server memory solutions to the market. Using Corsair FB-DIMMs on the latest Intel dual core platform will result in a robust combination of hardware that provides increased productivity and reliability, with the legendary quality that Corsair is known for," said Richard Hashim, Director of Product Marketing at Corsair.
Every Corsair FB-DIMM memory module is tested on Intel Xeon based server motherboards to guarantee utmost compatibility and is fully compliant with the JEDEC standards. The FB-DIMM memory architecture allows two channels to read and write in parallel by the memory controller, hence provide simpler interconnects. The design also provides more memory bandwidth with up to six memory channels and eight dual-rank memory modules per channel.
Corsair FB-DIMM Features:
* 240-pin, Full Buffered dual inline memory module
* Ultra high density using 512MBit SDRAM devices
* CRC and ECC error detection and correction
* Advanced Memory Buffer (AMB)
* JEDEC standard 1.5V high speed differential point-to-point link
* Four-bit prefetch architecture
* Off-chip driver (OCD) impedance calibration
* On-die termination (ODT)
* Low profile (1.2"), ideal for 1U rack mount servers