Avid today announced the availability of version 5.6 of Avid Studio Toolkit, which delivers significant enhancements to a set of software applications, including Avid 3D, Avid FX, and Avid DVD by Sonic.
Avid Studio Toolkit offers simultaneous DVD and Blu-ray Disc authoring, designed specifically for professional film and video editors looking to create and deliver projects in high-definition (HD).
With more than 1,500 customizable title, effects and transition templates, Avid Studio Toolkit is ideal for content creators who want to infuse their work with powerful 3D effects and sophisticated visuals, using any system in the new Media Composer family, as well as Avid Xpress Pro or Avid NewsCutter systems.
New features in Avid Studio Toolkit v 5.6 include:
- Integrated Blu-ray support in Avid DVD by Sonic - allowing Avid Xpress Pro, Media Composer and NewsCutter users to output HD projects to Blu-ray Discs. Avid DVD by Sonic offers new HD and 16:9 menu support, enabling customers to make the most of the next generation of DVDs.
- Updated UI, new paint engine and more for Avid FX - offering professionals the ability to create visuals with integrated 2D and 3D compositing, titles and animation. With Avid FX version 5.6, editors can benefit from:
- AVX 2 plug-in support for 16-bit color rendering;
- A streamlined UI for improved integration and ease-of-use;
- A new paint engine for touch up and rotoscoping;
- A Raster-to-Vector conversion tool for easily bringing corporate logos and other graphics into a vector-animation environment, including 3D extrusion;
- A new motion key feature, to remove unwanted objects from the frame;
- Several new filters - in addition to the 110 existing filters - such as color match, half-tone, median, noise map, and turbulence; and
- A new subtitle workflow that converts EBU format subtitle files to a flat movie with alpha channel.
- Updated UI, new title features and more for Avid 3D - delivering more powerful "3D for the Video Guy," via an updated UI that allows any editor to import, animate, and light 3D models and create compelling text animations with greater ease. It includes directly accessible controls for camera and model animation, task-oriented workflow, and new title creation features. This makes it easier to create text animations, create unique 3D looks, and export back to the Avid editor.
- Expanded I/O with Avid Mojo SDI - providing digital and analog SDI I/O to expand interoperability with mastering quality SD cameras and decks.
Available now, version 5.6 of Avid Studio Toolkit is priced at $1,995 USMSRP. Through December 20th 2006, Avid Studio Toolkit is available at the promotional price of $1,295 USMSRP, and can also be purchased together with Avid Xpress Pro and Avid Mojo for $2,995 USMSRP. Avid Studio Toolkit, including upgrades for existing customers, is available now through Avid's worldwide reseller channel or online at www.avidstore.com.