The VIA CX700M leverages VIA's design strengths in silicon integration and energy efficient design to enable embedded innovation with advanced multimedia support
VIA Technologies today introduced the VIA CX700M digital media IGP chipset for the VIA C7 and Eden processor platforms.
Designed specifically for the embedded market, the VIA CX700M integrates premium graphics, audio, memory, storage, and HDTV support all in a single chip design. This unified design enables the creation of smaller form factor designs, reduced power consumption, and easier cooling, all of which opens the door for an expanded range of embedded solutions.
"Building on the success of earlier single chip solutions for the embedded market, the VIA CX700M clearly demonstrates VIA's leadership in integration of the latest features such as HDTV support into smaller and smaller designs," said Chinhwaun Wu, Special Assistant to the President, Processor Platform Product Marketing, VIA Technologies, Inc. "As demand increases for embedded devices in the living room, or in applications such as high definition point of sale displays, the VIA CX700M provides an ideal platform to propel a new wave of solutions ready for the latest high definition content and displays."
Measuring just 35mm x 35mm, the VIA CX700M generates a silicon real estate saving of over 42%. A host of leading digital media, memory and connectivity technologies are packed into the compact design of the VIA CX700M including:
- Advanced HDTV Display Support - Built in HDTV encoder for connection to the latest displays, and multi-configuration LVDS/DVI transmitter.
- Graphics - Enhanced video quality is provided through the proven VIA UniChrome Pro II IGP core with its 128-bit 2D/3D graphics.
- Chromotion Video Engine - Powerful image enhancement technology delivering a Hi-Def visual experience including advanced video acceleration for MPEG-2, MPEG-4, and WMV9.
- Memory Support - VIA's renowned memory controller technology has been incorporated into the VIA CX700M, with support for both DDR and the latest low power high-bandwidth DDR2 memory modules. This includes support for 32-bit DRAM modules enabling a further reduction in form factor.
- Audio - Integrating the VIA Vinyl HD Audio controller supporting up to eight high definition channels delivering a richer all-round digital media experience.
- Connectivity - Broad connectivity comes with support for SATA II and PATA drives, six USB2.0 ports, and four PCI slots.