Nvidia today redefined performance expectations for graphics cards at two of the most popular price segments for PC gamers.
Available immediately, NVIDIA SLI-ready GeForce 7900 GS graphics processing units (GPUs) promise exceptional performance and cutting-edge features at the widely-accessible $199 to $249 price point. Available September 14, 2006, the GeForce 7950 GT GPU brings screaming performance and a 512MB frame buffer to the $299 to $349 price segment.
The 7950 GT runs at 550MHz, the memory clock is set to 1.4GHz, while the 7900 GS offers 450MHz /1.32GHz.
The GeForce 7900 GS and the GeForce 7950 GT boast the NVIDIA GeForce 7900 Series feature set, including:
- NVIDIA SLI technology? a platform that allows users to intelligently scale graphics performance by combining multiple NVIDIA graphics solutions in a single system.
- 256-bit memory interface and fast GDDR3 memory enable rapid frame rates with all the eye-candy and special effects turned on.
- Full support for Microsoft DirectX 9.0 Shader Model 3.0?including vertex texture fetch (VTF)
- NVIDIA PureVideo technology, which delivers smooth video and vivid colors on any display. The GeForce 7950 GT also adds HDCP circuitry to enable the ultimate HD DVD and Blu-ray movie experience on a PCi.
- A high-performance 3D architecture built for Microsoft Windows Vista?the industry's first operating system to require a dedicated GPU to realize its full potentialii.
Some of the world's leading add-in card partners are offering graphics cards based on the new NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS and GeForce 7950 GT GPUs, including Albatron, AOpen Inc., ASUSTek Computer Inc., BFG Technologies Inc., Biostar, Chaintech Computer Co. Ltd., Cheer Ascent, City Gate / Triple-D, Club3D, ELSA, Epsco, EVGA Corporation, Foxconn, Gainward Co. Ltd., Galaxy, Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., Innovision, Jaton, Jetway, Leadtek Research Inc., MSI Computer Corporation, Palit Microsystems, Inc., Prolink, PNY Technology, Point of View, Sapphire Technology, Sigmacom, SPARKLE Computer Co., Ltd., and XFX.