Nvidia announced today its new series of high end motherboard chipsets: The nForce 590 and nForce 570.
The new NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI media and communications processor (MCP) is a high-performance motherboard solution for the latest and upcoming x86 PC platforms, including those based on socket AM2 processors by AMD.
The chipset can utilise the power of up to one, two, or even four NVIDIA GeForce GPUs for extreme high-definition gaming. With an architecture geared for maximum motherboard performance, the NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI MCP provides enthusiasts with an unprecedented level of features including:
- Complete overclocking solution with additional clock headroom and the tools to do it, including enthusiast BIOSes and the NVIDIA nTune software application
- FirstPacket?optimised networking technology that gives higher priority to network game traffic, resulting in lower ping counts
- LinkBoost technology?automatically increases PCIe bus speeds on the motherboard when LinkBoost-enabled GPUs, such as the NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTX, are installed
SLI-Ready Memory?the first core-logic solution to take advantage of the new Enhanced Performance Profiles (EPP) memory specification, unlocking even higher levels of memory DIMM performance
- Advanced NVIDIA DualNet technology with dual Gigabit Ethernet ports, TCP/IP offload, and bandwidth teaming capability?ideal for LAN party game servers and file sharing servers
- Massive storage with support for up to 6 SATA 3Gb/sec hard drives and a dizzying array of RAID configurations including the industry?s first dual RAID 5 support on a single controller
nForce 590 SLI is a two chipset configuration using an nForce 590 SPP and MCP. The MCP and SPP are connected by via a 1GHz, 16-bit HyperTransport link, to which the SPP is connected to an AM2 processor. One x16 PCIe interface is linked to the SPP, and another to the MCP. The total setup allows for 10Gbps transfers from one graphics adaptor to the other, with the ability to overclock the bus on the fly.
The NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI MCP-based products will be available by Abit, Aopen, Asrock, ASUSTeK, BFG, Biostar, DFI, ECS, eVGA, Foxconn, Gigabyte, Jetway, MSI, Shuttle, and others.