Corel today unveiled the latest version of its award-winning graphics suite, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X3.
With more than 40 new and enhanced features, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X3 will be available for purchase to customers around the world in English, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Spanish, and Brazilian Portuguese in February 2006.
The suite simplifies the design process for projects of any scale, including logo creation, professional marketing brochures, and eye-catching signs.
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X3 has been designed with an unprecedented level of customer interaction and input. Corel product team members work closely with customers from various industries, gathering their feedback and spending days at their deskside to watch how they work.
With more than 40 new enhancements, top highlights in CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X3 include:
- New Corel PowerTRACE - Integrated into CorelDRAW X3, Corel PowerTRACE enables users to quickly and easily convert bitmaps into editable vector graphics. For control and flexibility, Corel PowerTRACE generates a color palette, enabling users to pick which colors appear in the traced result and quickly convert them to the appropriate color mode (including spot colors).
- New Image Adjustment Lab - Accessible from both Corel PHOTO-PAINT and CorelDRAW, the Image Adjustment Lab makes it simple to work with images that have poor color balance and contrast by offering manual and automatic controls for common color and tone corrections. Users can create snapshots of their adjustments to easily compare each snapshot against the original and choose the best result.
- New Hints docker - The new Hints docker provides context-sensitive information on the currently selected tool. The hints docker makes it easier than ever to learn to use the tools in the toolbox and also gives longtime users helpful tips that they might not have previously discovered.
- Enhanced Interactive Fit Text to Path - It's never been easier to attach text to a path with precision. With an improved user interface, the interactive Fit Text to Path tool lets users simply select text, move their pointer along a path, choose an offset distance if desired, and then click to set the text's position.
- New Text Enhancements and Features - Significant improvements make it easier for users to select, edit, and format text. New enhancements include: controls for alignment, drop caps, tabs, bullets, and columns; text size can be displayed in inches; and hyperlinks can be created for specific characters. Users can visually control the flow of text in their designs by choosing from em dash, em space, en dash, en space, 1/4 em space, optional hyphen, non-breaking hyphen, nonbreaking space, and column/frame break.
- Enhanced Cutout Lab - Built on the power of Corel KnockOut, the enhanced Cutout Lab includes new controls to simplify the process of cutting out image areas and improving accuracy. Enhancements include the new Add Detail and Remove Detail brushes that make it easy to refine the cutout area, Undo and Redo buttons to quickly correct mistakes, and background modes that make it easier to see results.
- New Bevel effect - The new Bevel effect docker dramatically reduces the time required to apply bevel effects to graphic or text objects and gives users quick access to Bevel styles and controls.
- Enhanced Interactive Contour tool - With the enhanced Interactive Contour tool, users can quickly and easily contour objects with optimal curve results. The latest version dramatically reduces the nodes created - sometimes as much as 80 percent.
- New Smart Fill tool - The Smart Fill tool enables users to apply a fill to any enclosed area.
- New Crop tool - A significant time-saver, the new Crop tool quickly lets users remove unwanted areas in objects and imported graphics - whether they are working with bitmap or vector graphics.
- Enhanced spot color support - Drop shadow, transparency, and mesh and fountain fills now support spot colors. Import and export filters also provide improved spot color support for Adobe Illustrator (AI), PDF, encapsulated PostScript?(EPS), and Photoshop (PSD) files. Spot color effects are preserved when files are sent to a printer that supports spot colors, or exported to PDF, EPS, PSD, and AI.
- New Preview overprints - The new Enhanced With Overprints viewing mode simulates the color of areas where overlapping objects were set to overprint, enabling users to output projects with confidence.
- New PDF Support for password-protected PDF files - Users can now set security options to protect their PDF output ? controlling whether and to what extent a PDF file can be accessed, edited, and reproduced. In addition, PDF functionality now includes full transparency and spot color support.
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X3 will be available in English, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Spanish, and Brazilian Portuguese in February 2006. North American suggested retail pricing is $399 US, $489 CDN for the full product, $179 US, $229 CDN for upgrade, and $99 US, $119 CDN for the student and teacher edition.
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X3, including licensing, may also be purchased directly from Corel at www.corel.com/cdgsx3.