Sony released the firmware v2.50 upgrade for the PSP portable gaming console.
Download the v2.50 firmware here
(model number PSP-1001 sold in North America).
Features updated in system software version 2.50 include the following:
- LocationFree Player has been added as a feature under Network.
You can watch TV or videos on your PSP system by using the LocationFree Player. To watch TV or videos at home, you must have a LocationFree Base Station (a Sony product sold separately). To watch away from home, you must have a LocationFree Base Station (a Sony product sold separately) and access to the Internet using a wireless LAN. For details, visit http://www.sony.com/locationfree/ownerslounge/psp
- Auto-Select and Unicode (UTF-8) have been added as options to Encoding under View in the Internet Browser menu bar.
- Settings for Text Size and Display Mode in Internet Browser can now be saved.
- The input history of online forms accessed through [Internet Browser] can now be saved.
- Copyright-protected video can now be played under Video. (This applies to video saved on Memory Stick Duo media).
Note that fees may be charged to obtain or use copyright-protected video. Downloadable copyright-protected video may not be available in all countries and regions.
- Set via Internet has been added as an option to Date and Time in Date & Time Settings under Settings.
- WPA-PSK (AES) has been added as a security method under Network Settings.
- Korean input mode has been added to the on-screen keyboard.